Friday, February 7, 2020

Day 3: Fordie’s hut, Clarence Valley, Muzzle Station

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Cz0Jo-VgGQqg2R4YMUM17v5d0AaD7UPIhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1AmwuAENBQ96p462YLItXzZ3vJiyHEm3mhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1y9vuldSxZyvlruInvwb34ZDf-QUmG4o4https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=12V_hE3I7hriQUtvrIYAFUABLUv65hpeDhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ssnmlCDjk1ID4CZPO-EW4QKRS5ta7EVLhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1VORk0uxeWqScDwoBNEN_Gsro8XBboMWjhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Hy4QKnxm_e4rMClpURgxuUOdhIlsu_fahttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13hzxxgpOL1POC7HEF3Qy1sY93LEwQcIRhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vv6OSIS0r_X3TEI6L25wdx_EFxJ69kkNhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XtUF7JYSqXAn13p9sVNPqeOpp-efg7YhWhen Bernie said we would be staying in a hut in the Clarence I had no idea we would stay in one of the best rooms in New Zealand.  Perfect views across the valley. Lounge, beds with pillows, kitchen and even electricity via solar power! What a spot and very welcome after 9 hours of riding where we only covered about 170km. Big loose hill climbs, long descents, rocky creek crossings, rocks, more rocks and the most incredible views. I hope the pictures do it justice although I know they won’t. 
So today we were privileged to ride through Bernie’s youth, the Bluff and Muzzle stations occupying the 100km or so length of the Clarence Valley. Bernies first few years were spent at the Muzzle homestead where his father was working as a shepherd. The Milne’s have kept up enough of a connection through the years afterwards that Bernie was able to get us access to this awesome place and join him in a quite delightful nostalgia trip. 
Nobody made a tit of themselves today. This is not good for the blog of course but it’s not the place you would want to break bike or body so I’m quite pleased about that. I shall enjoy the dying light from our deck and the some well earned rest. The 20 mousetraps lying around make me think we might have some slightly disturbed sleep. 
Tomorrow we cross the Clarence river itself and enter the Clarence reserve, the third station covering the west side of the river. More big hills by the looks of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment